The index page of this website "weighs" only 2.03kB. That's about 1/1000th of your average (3 minutes @ 96kbps) Spotify song stream. I want to keep this site minimal, but still try to express myself in small unique ways.
The website's tech stack is as simple as the site itself, aiming for good developer experience, respect to the user, and leanness:
- Zola - For static site generation
- Incredibly fast, single dependency binary for generating static sites. You couldn't ask for better, very happy with Zola coming previously from Jekyll.
- SCSS - For styling (built-in to Zola)
- My favourite pre-processor for CSS, being built-in to Zola is an added bonus.
- Netlify - For deployment
- Ease of use you cannot beat, I'll eventually get around to hosting this site on my own server but for now Netlify takes the cake.
- Sourcehut - For git hosting
- No mess included git hosting.
I don't run any analytics on this website, if I were to I would be using Goat Counter.
Word count: 167